Keep an eye out! New web pages coming any day now!
THE DISTRICT OFFICE SUMMER HOURS ARE
MONDAY - THURSDAY 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Second Grade -Mrs. Peterson
Instructor: Peterson, Megan
Mrs. Peterson's Class Description
Please read the following information to know what your students are doing in each subject area.
Writing- We do writing first thing every morning. The students participate in the Every Child is Writer program. The program allows students to be placed in writing areas that are at theiráperformanceálevel. The students work in small groups and rotate through four groups every fifteen minutes. The rotations are...
- Directed (with Mrs. Peterson)
- Independent (alone at desk)
- Brain Break (literacy and fluency games)
- Seeing Red (grammar and spelling)Reading- We being reading right after morning recess.
Reading- Students work with the Every Child is a Reader program which is very similar to that of the writing program. The students are placed into groups based on their reading and comprehension levels. They work in small groups again rotating every fifteen minutes. Rotations are...
- Directed (with Mrs.Peterson)
- Independent (alone at their desk)
- Brain Break (literacy/fluency games)
- Fluency (free choice reading)
Math- Students start math after specials at 1:00 pm. The students start with Spaceship math. This is a math facts test that is three minutes long. The test range in difficulty from A to Z when they pass the students move to the next letter. The test are over addition, subtrations and mixed. After the test students work with the GO Math program. They will learn the lesson whole group and then switch to small group rotations for the remainder of math. The rotations are...
- Directed (Practice sheet with Mrs.Peterson)
- Independent (On your own sheet at their desks)
- Brain Break (Math book and game that go with the lesson)
Social Studies/Science- This is the last thirty minutes of the day. We will rotate between both subjects working with the state standards.
Homework- Will go home every Monday night and is due every Friday morning!!!
No "Announcements" exist(s)